Lagg Issues..

Post here if you are having issues with Steam, Counter-Strike, Cheating Death, or the map pack. Someone might be able to help.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lagg Issues..

Postby Vash The Stampede » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:45 pm

Now i know i am not seeing things.. but .. recently i have been getting REALLY high pings.. i am usually one of the lowest pings on the server..

Now i know what your thinking.. I am on dialup or some cheap internet acess plan.. Well... your wrong.. I am on a 5 meg connection that runs nice and low on every other server i go on.. but when i go to Deadm... I can play kinda.. but the stops and lagg are killin.. and i noticed it's happening to alot of ppl..

Is thier something wrong with the server company you guys use? the Deadm code? or what? please explain..

Vash
Fight For Peace, Fight For FREEDOM

Vash
Vash The Stampede

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:18 pm

Nope. All is well.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Vash The Stampede » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:55 pm

Hmm ok that explains alot.. LOL

seriously.. alot of people have been haveing alot of lagg i was just on today and ppl having ALOT of issues with lagg ..

Can you maybe look into it?

Vash
Vash The Stampede

Postby Joka69 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:54 pm

The server has been getting some big lagg spikes.But i dont know why :roll:
Joka69

Postby Von Esper » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:21 pm

I am in Alaska and I get a regular 120 ping or so, no lag for me?
Von Esper

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:21 pm

It is not the server. It is either your connection or client. Clients with old or slow video cards will have issues on the server since we do additional graphic effects that std CS servers do not have.

The server is constantly monitored for load/network issues.

If it was the server you would see all players with a high ping, not just one or two players.
Last edited by FluffyKitty.deadm on Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Von Esper » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:24 pm

And I love the server! Me likes me likes!
Von Esper

Postby Vash The Stampede » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:08 pm

ok so explain this.. if i don't have a slow video card, a slow connections, or anything like that.. why is it happeneing?

Anthalon XP 3200+ (2.19 Ghz)
1 Gig of DDR Ram
128 mb Nvidia Video Card
all running off a brand new 120 gig HD..

Running on a Fast Cable Connection (I pay for the full 5 megs)

and my ping untill recently, was one of the lowest on the server.. and nothing has changed .. soo.. how can i be the only one.. and i have heard a few ppl talking about it on the server..

Vash
Vash The Stampede

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:51 pm

Dont know what your issue is. Might keep in mind cable is sharred bandwidth so you are actually sharring the 5 mbts with who ever else the cable company puts on your subnet. All I can say is it is not the server. If it were then EVERYONE would have the issue at the same time, not just the occasional person.
Last edited by FluffyKitty.deadm on Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Von Esper » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:02 pm

Oh I get it! That's why sometimes our net slows down :x
Dang you're smart Fluffy :lol:
Von Esper

Postby Joka69 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:37 am

I dont think the server has lagg.But on some maps like fun_allinone & de_bathroom2 i keep seeing all the pings go up to 300 - 600.Maybe its the maps being played.
Joka69

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:30 am

I would doubt it for fun_all_in_one, have never seen that one with high ping. De_bathroom2 will run with higher pings, that map has HUGE r-values so all the clients would slow down, but shouldn't hit the rates your are saying. If you see it again Joka IM me and I will take a look.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Joka69 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:09 am

Ok this is gonna be my last post so il talk to you when i get to the states. :lol:
Joka69

Postby Violated » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:13 am

Yep, school is out so kids have all this free time to put a load on the line and use up all my bandwidth. conspiracy i say, all the kids are plotting on me, prob got someone looking in through the window, right........ NOW!!!, o nope noone there, hmmm. Waiting ouside the window when im home till i get on the computer then he relays that im on so everyone else to get on. <- lol
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:14 pm

Vio = Weird, sorry I have to mention that.

Fluffy, I concur with Joka.. i've been on de_bathroom3 with him and I saw those pings shooting through the roof. On fun_allinone I can't really recall such pings, though I don't play that often anymore.

And Vash, it could be that if you another computer in ur house, it's downloading or uploading or something like that. And try shutting down all the programs that use internet on your computer, let's say.. filesharing programs. I had a week long time that I had pings of 1000/2000 and I just kept on wondering what it was till I asked my brother if he was downloading. And yes, he downloaded movies and songs all week long, like never before. Maybe that helps.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Next

Return to Support for Problems