interp?

Post here if you are having issues with Steam, Counter-Strike, Cheating Death, or the map pack. Someone might be able to help.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

interp?

Postby arch » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:17 am

everytime i go in the server it locks my interp at 0.1 :|
arch

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:18 am

HUH?
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby arch » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:13 am

the server changes my interp to 0.1 ...fluffy do you know what interp is? :shock: ex_interp .................. in console, while i have it at 0.01 it changes to 0.1
arch

Postby Violated » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:29 am

ex_interp is something like the ratio of what you see on screen and the hit box so if you get lag it can help register your bullets ( like when you shoot at someone and it doesn't register and does no damage adjusting the ex_interp can help fix that but by only a few milliseconds, but adjusting it also has a few set backs.

i look at it as a way of cheating, it sort of puts the hit box off set to the player model ( or the player model is off set from the hit box )so the millisecond you see the player model turn the corner and run twards you the hit box is off set to where the player model was so people with bad lag can hit a player and the set back is the opposite, if a player is running away from you and turns a corner then it will be worse than when ex_interp was on default .1 <-- something like that, only telling what i have read and i have done no testing to vouch for this yet. Although C-D might have prevented you from adjusting the ex_interp but im not sure, just guessing. also dont think you will see a dramastic change if you adjust the ex_interp, it is a very slight tweak.

arch did you adjust the ex_interp before connecting to a server? cause if you change while in a server it resets back to the default .1
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby arch » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:14 pm

Violated wrote:ex_interp is something like the ratio of what you see on screen and the hit box so if you get lag it can help register your bullets ( like when you shoot at someone and it doesn't register and does no damage adjusting the ex_interp can help fix that but by only a few milliseconds, but adjusting it also has a few set backs.

i look at it as a way of cheating, it sort of puts the hit box off set to the player model ( or the player model is off set from the hit box )so the millisecond you see the player model turn the corner and run twards you the hit box is off set to where the player model was so people with bad lag can hit a player and the set back is the opposite, if a player is running away from you and turns a corner then it will be worse than when ex_interp was on default .1 <-- something like that, only telling what i have read and i have done no testing to vouch for this yet. Although C-D might have prevented you from adjusting the ex_interp but im not sure, just guessing. also dont think you will see a dramastic change if you adjust the ex_interp, it is a very slight tweak.

arch did you adjust the ex_interp before connecting to a server? cause if you change while in a server it resets back to the default .1

there is a large dramstic change between interp 0.1 and 0.01, 0.1 is illegal in leagues anyways.
arch

Postby vVar_CoVv » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:51 am

can u only select between 0.1 and 0.01?
vVar_CoVv

Postby The one and only kenshin » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:05 pm

Arch is a hax0r.
The one and only kenshin

Postby arch » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:02 pm

vVar_CoVv wrote:can u only select between 0.1 and 0.01?

no, theres others you can change it to depending on your rates
arch

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:24 pm

Yes the server forces ex_interpt to be 0.1.
Last edited by FluffyKitty.deadm on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby arch » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:43 pm

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Yes the server forces ex_interpt to be 0.1.

yeah that i know.... lol but why :cry:
arch

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:08 am

To provide a level playing field for all players.

0.1 is illegal in leagues anyways.
0.1 is the default value for CS.
Last edited by FluffyKitty.deadm on Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby arch » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:20 am

i know...but not all servers lock interp at default.
arch

Return to Support for Problems