[Mapping] Deadly water

Post here if you are having issues with Steam, Counter-Strike, Cheating Death, or the map pack. Someone might be able to help.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

[Mapping] Deadly water

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:51 am

Ok, since there is not a specific forum abou mapping, I'll ask it here.

As some of you know, I and Maks are busy on a map. Now, we're not gonna tell you how it's going to look or something, that will be a surprise (don't expect too much :lol:). I just had a question for the mappers under us:

I got a func_vehicle and want this to go through water. Now the problem is: a func_vehicle will just go over the water. The second thing is: if you fall/jump/walk in the water, you must die at once. So I was thinking about making the water a entity and that will be func_illusionary. Then I only need something to make the "water" deadly.

Can someone help me? (eventually with another method)
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Violated » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:24 am

to make water deadly you need to make another box the same size as the water ( can be more or less than the water if you want ) ( you can make it 1 unit thick if you want but whenever a player enters the trigger box it will take effect.....but make the texture for that box aaa which is a trigger and make the aaa box a trigger_hurt, then set the type of damage ( slash / bullet / generic/ etc.. ) how much damage ( per second i think ) in your case just make it 1000.

hope this helps.
Last edited by Violated on Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:27 am

I think I have an idea now, thanks!
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:28 am

I got a func_vehicle and want this to go through water. Now the problem is: a func_vehicle will just go over the water.

Not too sure what you mean. Are you tying to create a vehicle like a submarine?
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Violated » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:32 am

hmmm you brought something to my attention fluff, if they are trying to make some sort of submarine with deadly water im not sure if they can do that, if they are in the deadly water then the hurt trigger would take effect even in a vehicle.

EDIT: im not sure if this can be done but if you put a hurt trigger at the entrance / exit of the vehicle and group the trigger_hurt to the vehicle then ther trigger would stay with the vehicle without the vehicle being in the trigger_hurt.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby ShabbyBoy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:44 am

Hehe no, we don't have a submarine. The idea is that the vehicle falls in a hole and goes under the water. The player whos in the vehicle will die.

Anyway, I got it fixed now.
ShabbyBoy

Return to Support for Problems