remove colored models

Post here if you are having issues with Steam, Counter-Strike, Cheating Death, or the map pack. Someone might be able to help.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lil help for the challenged kind sir

Postby mattbuck » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:14 pm

hey, i too had the problems with models, deleted them and got the game to actually work. Now the problem is that for some reason cs will not acknowledge that c-d is running. In console i noticed something about a different valve that couldnt open up .wad files. i dont know if they are related and how can i fix this?
mattbuck

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:16 pm

restart CD. CD turns off after it detects problem models so you have to restart it while CS is off.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

models return

Postby mattbuck » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:23 pm

i guess im worthless but after the restart of c-d followed by cs now has caused the colored models to become a problem. sorry for wasting up forum and time.
mattbuck

Postby mattbuck » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:32 pm

what specific files have to be deleted out of cstrike/models? do i delete the whole plyer folder, whole model folder, the 400 files in the model folder, or the files in the player folder. im terrible lets not worry about that thanks
mattbuck

Postby Sheo » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:56 pm

I don't get it? So am I the only one who has that problem?
Sheo

Postby Violated » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:44 am

fluff stated that if you have the map pack then you need the latest version 8_2 after installing it you shouldn't have the colored models problem.

if you never had the map pack then its a different model that you have installed

heres the link to the map pack Click Here
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Alianman » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:06 am

I'm getting this error again. I deleted my models folder and reinstalled the map pack and it still says stuff about the colored models.
Alianman

Previous

Return to Support for Problems