Too much lag!

Post here if you are having issues with Steam, Counter-Strike, Cheating Death, or the map pack. Someone might be able to help.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Too much lag!

Postby Maks » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:22 am

As some of you've seen, I have much lag lately. It drives me crazy! :evil: I have no clue what it could be. It's not that there are 3 computers on or something because when there is even 1 computer on (mine) I have the lag. The strange thing is that I only have it with Steam.
As you can see.. It's horrible. The weird part is that my internet connection is superfunctionable and as fast as it normal is.
It says:
Wireless netwerkconnection (default)
Speed: 11,0 Ms
Signalstrength: Excellent

Do you guys maybe know what's causing it??

"there is no spoone" - The Matricks, LoL!
Last edited by Maks on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Violated » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:00 am

do you have a secure wireless network? ( encrypted and changed the origonal password to something of your choice ) <--could be neighbours connected to your network

also if i may ask what router and receiver are you using?

could be spyware/adware ( i find spybot search and destroy, and ad-aware work best )

plus dont forget you live in Europe and the server is in US so im sure you will have some lagg isues but ive seen you sometimes with 800 which is WOW. ive connected to europe based servers and at tops i get maybe 250 and my connection is a 1.5Mbps down and 386Kbps up.
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:05 am

I do have a secure network. My neighbours are old people who probarly don't even have computers. My router is.. (going upstairs to find out) from Sweex. (no idea wich one) But it can't be the router cause I use that for like a year now and never had such pings on Deadm only if my bro was downloading something. I have Ad-Aware 6 and I almost scan my computer every day with it. Plus, I do know I live in europe but my ping is at best 90 and at worst usually 150 or something.
Maks

Postby Violated » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:18 am

i would recommend getting spybot search and destroy if you dont have it, spybot finds almost all the wares that adaware misses. Click Here

and what you talking about old people, they prob run one of the biggest spamming operations using your connection, they just know everyone will say their just old people dont know how to work a computer, so noone will be the wiser, and your falling for it....ROFL, joking
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:32 am

ok... I downloaded it and scanned and it found 8 little programs that were not in my software list so I "fixed" them. But I'm telling you... That ain't the problem either :cry: It's just Steam that is showing me lagserver while they normally are like 20 or 30 ping :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Maks

Postby Angel of Death » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:49 pm

It could be your ISP (Internet Service Provider) having issues of their own and thus affecting your speed. Scan your computer for viruses. Sometimes viruses send out broadcasts that use up a lot of your bandwidth especially if its only 11MBps (Mega Bits per second).
A hero is no braver than any ordinary man, but is braver for five minutes longer.
Angel of Death

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:48 am

ITS OVER!!! MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!! ... MUHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YES!!! WOOOHHOOOOO!!!... gonna play cs now.,..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw... I think that my mothers friend was downloading something... sorry..(But yes angel.. it could also be my internet provider cause I asked my mothers friend and he said... no)
Maks

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:45 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's back again :cry: :cry: :cry:
But I do know the problem, One of the computers is downloading something and it seems to be large cause it's taking a few days. But I'll shut down the computer when "the owner" is away. :twisted:

So this topic can be deleted... Not really necesary. Unless people have the same problems I have.
Maks

Return to Support for Problems