Random kickings from all servers

Post here if you are having issues with Steam, Counter-Strike, Cheating Death, or the map pack. Someone might be able to help.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Random kickings from all servers

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:18 pm

Umm, i have just today been experiencing a problem with steam. I have tried joining over 20 different servers (no [no c-d] servers) and also tried joining deadm and whenever i try, i get kicked randomly from every server after about a round. I also found out that my bro (uses the same dsl line as me) was experiencing the same problem. Has anyone else ever experienced this and/or knows how to fix it?
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:42 pm

Check you console and see what messages are being reported. If you have two people using the same modem it could be network collisions caused by a poor modem.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:45 pm

ok, i joined a server that was playing fy_repub, good map, and i checked the concle after many times of getting kicked and rejoining, the only suspicious thing that i could find was where it said:

"Couldn't open files overviews/fy_repub.txt. Using default values for overview mode"

Now im not that good with tech problems, so im not quite sure wat it means, but it was the only thing that looked wierd, could this be causing the problem?

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:06 pm

That error is nothing, look at the console after you get kicked but before you join another server. It should say why you were kicked.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:17 pm

well, i guess i shouldn't call it a "kicking" but its more like a disconnect. There is no box that pops up saying "kicked" or "banned" and there is not error box either. It just exits out of the game and brings me to the CS starting place. That means that when i acctually reenter the server and look in concle, there is no "reason y you got kicked" thing like there would be after a normal kick. I also don't believe it is that dsl interference thing that u talked about earlier cause I am still getting disconnected and both my bros are not home. I also found some1 else that posted a forum on another site about the same time i did (within 5 min) and said he had the same problem. So any other ideas?

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:30 pm

ok, this time when i was disconnected, it was a bit different... I acctually got a chance to play for about 6 rounds, then it for once put up a "kicked" box and the reason was something like: EMS$|7r ? with a wierd box around the $|7r, it was very strange.....then when i checked the reason in the concle, the last thing after the "so-and-so was killed by ____" and that was before the connect was eMs's'r? there was nothing before or after it saying what it might mean.

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:17 am

Sounds like a bad modem or router. Would not matter if your other bro's were home or not. You prob have an issue with network equipment or a bad configuration.

Understand if it was an issue with the game or steam, it would not be one other person reporting the issue it would be thousands. Since it seems everyone using your connection in the house have the same exact issue, most likely cause is your network.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:28 am

But I have 4 computers in my house and all connected to the same router(wireless).. I only have a bit lag when in total are 2 computers online but when there are 3 or 4 online I usely get the cl_flushentitypacket error... :?
I do not have the error that you are describing.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:05 am

Yes Maks your issue is prob different. In your case its a band width issue and not a hardware issue. Since for you one computer works, but when multiple computer access then net you have issues. This points to a network capacity issue, i.e. You are using up all the capacity of your internet connection, Maks.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:37 pm

aaaahaaaaa.... :?
Still don't get it but doesn't matter :P
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:08 pm

ok, my dad yesterday when my dad got home from work, i asked him if he had done anything new to the internet router. He said that this one company had found security issue in its "firmware" thing, so he had to get it updated. That is the reason, i think, but we dont know how to fix it... When he gets home, ill have him post all the "technical stuff". Maybe there is some toggle to set the router at that will fix the problem? Thnx fluffy.

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:16 pm

The router is a Linksys BERSR81 Version 2. We flashed the firmware to Version 2.45.10 Dated June 3, 2004 and we believe this may have caused the problem. All the settings were carried over during the flash process. Any ideas of a setting that we may need to change to get the Counter Strike problem fixed?

Return to Support for Problems