Maybe Something New About The C-D Problem Of Mine!

Post here if you are having issues with Steam, Counter-Strike, Cheating Death, or the map pack. Someone might be able to help.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Maybe Something New About The C-D Problem Of Mine!

Postby Maks » Sun May 30, 2004 6:06 pm

Sometimes when I play (after mapchange = [No C-D]) I see this apear.
Maybe you know what it mean.. :?
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun May 30, 2004 7:44 pm

again scan for viruses. So far every case I am aware of reported to united admins of loosing connectivity on map changes has been caused by a virus. Also in every case the person swore he had no viruses, until they scanned and found a virus.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Mon May 31, 2004 8:35 am

Then first I need to get a virusscanner :? . Anybody know of a illegal one or a trial version that works??
Maks

Postby arch » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:44 pm

arch

Postby Maks » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:59 pm

I got one thnx... Avast virusscanner.. I'm free of viruses now and I also got 64mb extra internal memory and now I can play 2 maps with c-d and the 3th is no c-d :? But.. it's atleast one map more
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:45 pm

First off how many viruses did you find in the computer you said was virus free? :roll: :roll:

First you might try scanning your system again just in case one of those non-existant viruses crept back in. They can be trickey.

Also how much memory does your system have? It could be if you have small enough memory it takes your computer too long to respond to the CD challenges and CD thinks you are hacking.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:15 am

That was my theorie two!! I did another check with the virusscanner and it didn't find anything. But it took forever.. like an hour :evil: . And first I had 128mb of internal memory but now I have 64mb more. I'm gonna try and get another 64mb because I know my comp can handle 512 mb but 256mb is enough because Wsly! A.K.A. Weckey has it two but not the C-D problem.

Oh yeah.. I had 2 viruses at the first check.
Maks

Postby arch » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:18 pm

hmm i had the same problem as max so i did the virus check with norton antivirus 2004 professional. i did a full-system check then there was some error that stopped the scan in the middle of it. :-#

edit: no viruses found before error
arch

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:32 pm

Correct the error so you can scan your whole computer. Some viruses are capable of blocking anti-virus programs causing errors.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Angel of Death » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:50 pm

I have Mc Afee. Its the best anti virus program i have ever had. I have never gotten a virus because it scans all day every day and informs you of and deletes any virus trying to get on the comp. It also take less processing power then Norton. A complete system scan only takes about 5 min on 7 different hdd. I recomend it. Plus the have new dat files every wed. so you can frequently update.
A hero is no braver than any ordinary man, but is braver for five minutes longer.
Angel of Death

Return to Support for Problems