Update Map Pack Issue

Post here if you are having issues with Steam, Counter-Strike, Cheating Death, or the map pack. Someone might be able to help.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Update Map Pack Issue

Postby Kane » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:52 pm

I've downloaded it about 5 times today and everytime I get the same error:
D:\Documents and Settings\Kane\Desktop\map_pack20_0_diff.exe
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Any clues?
Kane

Re: Update Map Pack Issue

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:51 am

Is this after the program has run? If it is the program worked fine (you can ignore it). The program might be crashing on exit, (I have no idea why).

Or is this before the program has ever run?

I made an adjustment in the install program. Try downloading the Update map pack again and running it. Let me know if it solves the issue.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Kane » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:33 am

Sorry for not explaining completey, it would crash the second i clicked for the program to run, so it would never start the installer. I've now downloaded the update map pack after you've changed it of course and its working perfectly fine now. Another problem now is that the FULL map pack has the same issue which I need now since i had deleted my old maps folder thinking thats where the problem was. Also what was the adjustment made? Apparently I'm the only person having a problem with the Map Packs and I just find it odd that no one else is going through this trouble.
Kane

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:28 pm

I uploaded the fixed FULL map pack at the same time I uploaded the Update fix.

Sorry about that, and old version of the project file somehow got in. There are some libraries that, for some odd reason, not all computers have installed. These libraries have to be statically linked. The old project file dynamically links them in. This was an issues fixed back in Map Pack 17.1, but came back to haunt us.

Glad it all works now. If you have any more issues let us know.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Return to Support for Problems