Internet

Post here if you are having issues with Steam, Counter-Strike, Cheating Death, or the map pack. Someone might be able to help.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Internet

Postby Maks » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:38 am

I'm having a problem with my internet. It barely works, I have wireless connection to a router in this house and normally it said "Very Good" or "Excellent" connection. But now it says "Very low" or "Low" connection. I did move my computer from one corner to another a couple of days ago. The weird part is that shouldn't really affect my computer. I have Windows XP and avast antivirus for anti-virus program, I know this doesn't affect it. My brother, which has connection with a cable has normal speed internet. So it has to do with the wireless part, I'm not getting the signal or not good enough, do any of you know what might be the cause of it?
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:56 am

As a test you might move it back to where it was to see if the signal gets stronger.

Cordless phones, electrical wires, wireless mice, and blue tooth devices can interfere with WiFi.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:40 am

That doesn't seem to be the problem because it had almost the same amount of wires/cables around as it has now and it only differs 3 meters.
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:13 am

I was talking about wires in the walls, AC lines etc. Radio waves work by line of sight. When you move a transmitter you change the line of sight, there by what the signal has to travel through to reach the receiver. It can also be closer to a source of interference, degrading the signal.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:43 pm

I fixed it, had an old ethernet card lying around so I bought some extra wires and plugged it in. :P Thanks anyway :oops:
Maks

Return to Support for Problems