virus's deadm guide

Discussions and stratagies to improve your game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

find this guide useful?

yes
18%
no
36%
i hate you
36%
nice
No votes
want my config.cfg
9%

Total votes : 11

virus's deadm guide

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:40 am

thats right, virus's secrets revealed, i thought i should just make an individual post... if someone decides to stop being mean to me maybe ill even give them something better than just a guide... hint hint: its my config.cfg heh.. it could do you some good. Maybe ill give it to you and help you a little if you talk to me but it really depends who you are hehe...

This has come out to be pretty long, but might be worth it...

okay im going to just add on a bit to what shrew has said.

long hooks are not necessarily a bad thing, yes they give away your position but you can use them to lure and trick people out of holes and just in general.

the airshot... yes the first shot is semi-accurate for most guns, people think glock and mp5 are very accurate, but to my senses they arnt that accurate either, they're "semi-accurate" as shrew put it, but through playing, i have found the true Perfect Air Aiming Gun it is the sig-550, aka the terrorist auto sniper, the first shot ALWAYS hits, and if you're good you'll aim for their head, being a 1 bullet hs and making them go crazy with words like "how the, and what the, and you lucky, etc."

the "jump/switch" topic... okay i for one use it a lot, it works well and depends on the opponents reflexes and sights like shrew said, i prefer to use it to reload, i jump and hook repeatedly (IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS, not just up and down in the same spot, be creative) until im fully reloaded and feed them a few bullets to the head, switching is the thing to do, but its just instinct really, do you think you can pistol them is the question, since fast switch sort of lags, and pushing ur #2 key and then pushing mouse1 is a bit of trouble

do not run/crouch, well... its not necessarily that u cant run and crouch, its that u cant crouch and let go, you dont have to even run to make you float in air, just tap crouch and u will bounce in air a little, if you want to run and crouch, run and HOLD DOWN crouch.

hook as a steering mechanism, well a long hook isn't always bad as i said earlier, you have to know when to use a short hook and a long hook, short hook being you hook and let go to let it push you, long hook meaning to hold your hook, use your short hook when going fast, use your long hook when trying to keep silent and not make as much noise

binding kamikazi and other "say"ings; okay after being a stingy person about this, i am releasing it to those who dont know, in console type bind "key" "say kamikazi" YES YOU NEED THE QUOTES, an example; bind "h" "say kamikazi" (this is what i use) or bind "h" "virus learn to share kills..."(funny thing someone said to me) use this in any emergency situations, where there are too many people or you see an opportunity to blow em all up

fast kamikazi : bind key kill, example; bind j kill, this will kill you and you will explode, use this in situations when you dont want people to run away, (not always good)

kamikazi note: if you're the last person and someone kills you or you kill yourself with the bind, you will not blow up, if you're the last person you must wait for the 15 second timer to go to 0, then you will blow others up

note : a person shooting up will always have more range of shooting you, a person on a ledge cannot shoot at a 90/180(i forgot which, but directly down) degree angle, and that person cannot move to get more angle on that person, but the person on the bottom has a better chance of shooting you. That only applies in situations where you try to camp above something such as a door, otherwise the person on higher ground usually has more advantage because they can see more.

note#2 : dont spray in air, i see many people try to do it thinking they will actually hit someone, that goes the same as when you're on a ladder, stay on the floor, RUN, RELOAD, SHOOT, i get tired of people who thinking they're so pro, unless they have a sig-550 autosniper

note#3 : killing people who has a higher rank/more skill ranking than you, gives you more skill than just killing a random new person

HOW TO BUNNY HOP/AIR BUNNY HOP : yes many people like to know how to this now dont they? it works in the air too usually called the "air strafe or air bunny hop" to bunny hop ask yourself this, when you try to bunny hop do you hold foward? well it doesnt quite work that way, to bunny hop you use only your mouse, your jump button, and your left and right strafe button, okay start running a little then jump and push left strafe and move your mouse to the left, then move your mouse to the right along with pushing right strafe and jump, if this is confusing im sorry, if you dont understand, im sorry again, but if you dont understand this then i cant help you ;x.

HOW TO AVOID A NUKE ;x : when you see a nuke launched, type retry in console, hahaha, yes you avoid the nuke but now you've just rejoined the server ;x. (this trick is pointless but hey you still avoid the nuke right?)

How to take advantage of fireworks : fireworks cause lots of noise right? use this to use loud things like hooks connecting over and over, use your imagination, and think of something shrug. (pretty pointless too but hey i dont know)

want more kills? are you a jerk? (sorry if i cant say jerk, not sure) well if the answer is yes to both, then you probably already know this, the bad thing called "baiting" you let someone or some people on your team go first to damage the opponents, and then you run in and take their kills.

using credits wisely: use drunk missiles in wide open places such as megacrazycar, and my favorite de_omg. heatseekers can be used on these maps pretty nicely too, they can also be used on any maps with not many walls, heatseeker is probably the most versitile weapon there is, you should use napalm on maps such as the recently removed map (my favorite) fy_bloodstrike, or was it cs_? or de_? i forgot but yeah... napalms the obvious choice to pick on small maps, mp5 nade launchers, you should use those in open field places, i like the mario map, the small fy one, i forgot what it was called, its good for that map, blast armor is good for all maps but expensive, preferably used on a small map so you can get more kills, flare gun, meh im not a big fan of this gun, its good if you want to ruin someone who just spend 10-12 credits on a heatseeker or drunk missile, mean but i guess some people are just mean? dew nades, dont particulary have interest in this weapon either, but you could use it on maps such as assault and to protect hostages/bomb sites, flame armor, bleh... use it to protect yourself from flames? shrug, might want to combind it with napalm so you dont kill yourself.

heres a game to test out your reflexes, go to darktick.com, and play the reflex games, they may or may not help you, it depends on the person.

well i cant think of anything else right now, if you want to talk, my
AIM (aol instant messenger ) is infinite00time00
MSN(msn instant messenger) is infinite00time00@yahoo.com
YHO(Yahoo instant messenger) is forbidden00enigma00@yahoo.com

VIRUS ROX

Postby zEEk » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:45 am

I like this guide and i think virus rox!!!!! :shock: and fluffy be nice to him hes a cool guy and his techs r very helpful !!!!!!

i rate this guide a 8 and a half out of 10

virus owns fluff :P
Greed will consume us all.
zEEk

Return to Game Tactics