simple question

Use this forum to provide feed back, comments, ask questions, or form strategies about special weapons.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

simple question

Postby busta » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:46 am

I just want to know when the deadm server will be moving to counter strike soure

busta666
busta

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:18 am

No date (if ever) has been set. So far I am not at all impressed with source and at this time have little desire to move to source. The Source SDK is pretty weak in what it lets you do. The source dedicated server is riddled with bugs. Maybe later releases will be better. See the thread: http://www.deadm.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=514&highlight=source
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Dazed & Blazed » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:11 pm

lol, this has got to be the 10000000000th thread about this. You should make a sticky saying this:

DEADM IS NOT MOVING TO SOURCE CAUSE SOURCE IS A JOKE AND MAKES D&B'S COMPUTER RUN ALL GLITCHY.

Sounds like a good explination to me. :wink:

ShabbyBoy wrote: Maks thought bs meant Beautifull Shot :D So he said thank you when someone said bs to him :D That was funny, lol
Dazed & Blazed

Postby Apocalypze » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:08 pm

Or apoc is too cheap to buy it and too lazy to download it :P
Apocalypze

Postby The one and only kenshin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:23 pm

Or, it's moving to source because then kenshin would play it again because source is all nice and shiny.
The one and only kenshin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:20 pm

The one and only kenshin wrote:Or, it's moving to source because then kenshin would play it again because source is all nice and shiny.

Best reason ever to never go source. 8)
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Dazed & Blazed » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:44 pm

lol @ fluffy

ShabbyBoy wrote: Maks thought bs meant Beautifull Shot :D So he said thank you when someone said bs to him :D That was funny, lol
Dazed & Blazed

Postby Maks » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:07 pm

It's nice and shiny if you've got a good computer.. wich not everybody has >_>
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Apocalypze » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:42 pm

That'd be me.
Apocalypze

Looks OK on mine

Postby Monkeyboy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:09 pm

While my box is nothing to sneeze at, it certainly isn't the latest and greatest. CS look pretty good to me (except when there's water in the map, then my framerate goes to about 15fps).

I've found that you can usually upgrade an existing system for a couple of hundred bucks. I always go to ArsTechnica and look at their budget box specs. You just need a new Motherboard, memory, processor and video card. $401.68 from their web page. You can reuse the rest of your computer parts. Now if you aren't computer savy, I'm sure you know someone who is. Just buy them some beer and hand them the parts and your computer. Don't hand them the beer until you get the computer back and it works. I've not owned a brand new computer in years. I just keep swapping out parts in the old one. Eventually you've got a completely different computer, but you always have something relatively up to date.
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Sat May 28, 2005 12:47 am

Yea, thats exactly what my dad does... I think we have had like the main case and everything for about 7 years, but all the parts are new and work well. Theres a ton of different discout stores everywhere where you can get the new parts. The only problem is... some parts, such as the motherboard, won't interact correctly with certain other parts, such as video cards. So don't try to upgrade if you have no idea what your doing... bad things can happen... i would know...umm... lets just leave it at that.
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Return to Feedback/Comments