Anyone answer

Post general conversations and topics here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Anyone answer

Postby SpongeBob » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:32 am

Before I go and blow money away which I don't have give me your opinion again on source fluff. I heard it was good and it was better then cs...... Now I go and play diff servers I have less to choose from I don't know if it is in the switch from CS to CS-S?
SpongeBob

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:47 am

Source is ok. About all you get is better graphics. The game play is the same as 1.6. So far I have not found source worth the money, but some people like it.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:19 pm

As I can remember source isn't the same gameplay. It takes way less bullets for example with an M4 to kill someone.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:22 pm

Maks wrote:As I can remember source isn't the same gameplay. It takes way less bullets for example with an M4 to kill someone.
That is not game play. That is just adjustments to the weapons, like they have done with every version release of CS.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby The one and only kenshin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:57 pm

Sponge, just buy HL2. It alone is worth the money, and then you get source for free. If you really don't want HL2, then I'd say don't spend the money. Souce alone isn't worth it, since all you really get is a graphical update.
The one and only kenshin

Postby Maks » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:32 am

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:That is not game play. That is just adjustments to the weapons, like they have done with every version release of CS.

Hmm, ok.. But I think it playes somehow different because of those changes, wich effects, to me.. the fun of the game.
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:15 am

It means you have to change your tactics. Not unlike in 1.6 when they made the sniper riffles more accurate. It did not change the game, just changed the tactics you had to use when dealing with someone that was using a sniper rifle.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:00 pm

Aaaaaaaaah, tactics.. the word just wouldn't come up to me :P that's what I meant >_<
Maks

Postby Dazed & Blazed » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:58 pm

It sucks..only because im not playing on it..

ShabbyBoy wrote: Maks thought bs meant Beautifull Shot :D So he said thank you when someone said bs to him :D That was funny, lol
Dazed & Blazed

Postby Violated » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:18 pm

if you would like my opinion. Get HL2 i liked it and as said, CSS is free with it. But CSS is basically better graphics, giving the mappers a more robust environment in which to work in. So unless your a mapper or modder looking to expand your creativity with higher res textures and more object detail, or if your a graphic junky i would say leave it be and stick with 1.6.

But i would suggest getting HL2 for the story even more so if you played HL1 story and liked it.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Return to General