Map Voting

Post general conversations and topics here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Postby Monkeyboy » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:47 am

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:Maps that have more "No" votes than "Yes" votes based on the results of the, "Do you like this map?" vote are removed from the server when a new map pack is released.

Would it be possible to set up some sort of decaying average for these? The reason I ask is that there are some maps that when they first came on the server I voted yes that I liked them, but now that I've played them about 400 times a piece I've gotten tired of them. I now vote no on them in the faint hope that they will be taken out of rotation. I say faint because I've voted yes so many times that I will need to vote no a lot to counteract all of the yes votes.

Or even better would be to record the steam id with the person's vote, and only count their latest vote on that map. That way you get a more accurate representation of the current state of people's minds with regards to the maps.

FluffyKitty.deadm wrote:You can view the results of the, "Do you like this map?" votes here: http://www.deadm.com/deadm.php?MapRanks

Could you provide a list of maps that are likely candidates for removal? Since the page has graphs it's hard to tell the exact point where it switches from more yes votes to more no votes.
When I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Monkeyboy

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:52 am

Would it be possible to set up some sort of decaying average for these?

The votes for the last 100 days are used. Any votes older than that are deleted.

Could you provide a list of maps that are likely candidates for removal? Since the page has graphs it's hard to tell the exact point where it switches from more yes votes to more no votes.

When the red and green bars are about eqaul they are at 50%. What good would providing a list do?
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:30 pm

What does Rank 0 mean?

And I exually never took the "Do You Like This Map?" vote seriously. But now that I see what influence a vote can be I will take it seriously. I always saw it as an annoying vote coming up every map so I just pressed a button too get it away. I will change my votes now. Cause sometimes I pressed "No" while I did like the map like... DUSTBUNNIES!!!..
Sorry for the fake answers... :(

BTW: In the rank list.. The pictures of de_rats_2001 and de_rats4_final are switched.
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:23 pm

For a map to be ranked it needs to have been played 15 times (for a good statistical sample). Any maps that have not been played 15 times in the last 100 days get a rank of 0.

Yeah I though I reversed those pics but was too lazy to verify it.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:31 pm

Sorry monkey I just noticed this part of your post:

Or even better would be to record the steam id with the person's vote, and only count their latest vote on that map. That way you get a more accurate representation of the current state of people's minds with regards to the maps.

I am actually more interested in the overall trend rather than the current whim. Reason being based on your current mood likes and dislikes of a map vary. Today you may hate a map and love the same map tomarrow. A large sample of data helps even out the short term fluctuations. Eventually your old votes get removed and your current votes will prevail.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:48 pm

*sigh*... Lazy Kitty..

(who is scared to tell his age).. pff... :D

So.. are there exually any maps that will be deleted with the next mappack??
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:40 pm

aaahhh, read the first post.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:25 am

Well, I looked at the ranklist, again..., and didn't see any maps with more no then yes votes :? .
Maks

Postby Violated » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:34 am

:? :? yeah i myself am a lil tired of those crazytank maps, i wouldnt mind playing a few of them but it just gets voted for a lil to much

and ive told a few people that the "Do you like this map" vote didn't matter, guess thats what i get for trusting what other players say, unless they can be trusted. Didnt know about the map ranks :P
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:55 pm

i think that maybe you could use the rankings to lessen how often the "unliked maps" are played ans make the popular maps played more often. You could use each map's rank on the server list to determine how often that certain map appears as one of the 5 maps to choose from. I always thought that was how the "do u like this map" thing worked :?
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:04 pm

i think that maybe you could use the rankings to lessen how often the "unliked maps" are played

Sigh, read the original post that all these replies are to.
http://www.deadm.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:11 pm

o.... :oops: :oops: that works i guess.... :?
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Return to General