Population

Post general conversations and topics here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Population

Postby crazyman » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Seems as if though the server's popularity as well as its population is dying down. :( It's sad cause this was like the number one server back in the day.

Fluffy, are you taking into consideration closing the server down?
crazyman

Postby Kane » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:57 pm

OMG what are you doing! He might have, but just in case he didn't don't put the thought into his head! Deadman Standing is still the number 1 server so shhhhhhhhhhhh!
Kane

Postby Violated » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:13 am

I agree that server traffic has died down from when i used to play a lot. I remember being able to (no matter the time) get on deadm and there being someone to play with, but it was inevitable with all the new games being released that people would flock to them, im very surprised CS has lasted as long as it has, with a pretty strong community backing it up even now 10 years later.

Deadm still remains the only CS1.6 server i play!, so if fluff ever does shut down the server or switches to a new game i wouldn't play 1.6 anymore.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:26 am

What an odd question. I Never considered shutting the server down. As long as people are playing I am happy. The truth is player levels have always fluctuated for the entire life of the server. People seem to remember nostalgically about server peaks and forget the low parts. The pattern has always been during the summer, when school is out, server population climbs. When school is in, server population plumits.

It also happens when new games come out. Server population will drop for a few months around the release date. Then is will pop back up a few months later as people grow tired of the new game and become nostalgic about CS1.6.

During light periods it normally takes a player trolling the server to get it going. I can remember plenty of times of watching Vio connect to an empty server and have to troll for 20 mins or more before someone connected. Then the player counts build from there since most players wait for a server to have players before joining.

Currently we see about 1000 different players a month. For a game as old as CS1.6, I am not unhappy about that.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby CDS-101 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Yeah thats the "back in the good old days" argument, I run into it on every forum, server, school, nightclub, workplace I have ever visited.
There has always been someone who is certain that "it used to be so much better back then". This is largely because human memory is selective, forget to boring parts and remember the good stuff.
Though I would also expect the global population of CS players to gradually decrease as time moves on, nothing lasts forever.
Goku reeled in horror. Hitler continued laughing, then finally said "Goku! You came here expecting to find a madman, but instead, you found A GOD!" Hitler had become a Super Saiyan.
CDS-101

Postby zippy01 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:16 pm

:cry: quick snap me out of it i cant get enough of a superhero mod its draging me away from deadm :_( make it stop
zippy01_rules@hotmail.com
stand still so i can shoot you
NOOK
zippy01

Return to General