Realtek HD Audio Driver

Post general conversations and topics here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Realtek HD Audio Driver

Postby Kane » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:46 pm

I was wondering if anyone else has this for onboard audio? The slider for the mic volume is greyed out and i cant increase sound for my input. Using the XFX 680i LT SLI and motherboard. I find it really dumb that the mic volume IS there but you cant change it. If anyone has the same thing as i do and has a solution im open >< Also if anyone can recommend a good audio card for me to buy it would help as well.
Kane

Postby Maks » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:45 am

google the driver and re-install?
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:51 am

What OS are you running and which slider are you talking about? Is it the slider in windows or the slider in CS.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Kane » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:05 am

Im running Windows XP, and the slider im talking about, is a Slider in the Volume control Panel. Theres one that windows uses and the mic volume on there is greyed out so i cant increase it. Anyway last night i found some options in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, and i THINK i fixed it. Under "Output" for some stupid reason is a thing labeled mic volume. On default it is muted and the slider is at the bottom. Last time i turned it on, eveyone could hear what was going through my headphones 2x louder then what i was saying in my mic. What i did this time is i left that muted, but i enabled the Microphone boost under it. Testing it on msn, my mic is now 25x louder and crystal clear now. I just need someone to help me test and adjust my volume when i play cs ^^
Kane

Return to General