Dead Man Standing Group

Post general conversations and topics here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dead Man Standing Group

Postby Kane » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:52 pm

I created a group and i messed up the name already by seperating deadman so..ignore that if you can. I was waiting for quite a while thinking that grim or tank would have made it. I made it public so anyone who wants to join the link is here:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/deadm

Fluffy feel free to delete this thread if you consider it advertising and dont want it in the forums. Also if your fine with the group, do you have a deadman logo that i could possibly upload for it?
Kane

Postby terrorizorpwns » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:20 pm

im in
-=D.A.=-TeRrOrIzOr^LdR N&I

terrorizorpwns

Postby Mr Wizzard » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:55 am

been in it bout a week now I think :)
Mr Wizzard

Postby Kane » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:14 pm

Since you said we can have no groups, and recruiting does that mean we cant have the deadman standing group? and i cant ask people to join? just clearing some things up.
Kane

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:23 pm

I don't know right now. I have been puzzling over that question. I understand the group is a homage to the server, and I appreciate that. I really do. I like the idea of community for the server.

At the same time I can't lie it concerns me there is something out there with the server name that is not moderated by server admins. This means it has the potential to evolve into something negative for the server.

The truth is I probably should of created the group for the server, But alas Kane, you are more forward thinking than I.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

All things Fluffy are not soft
FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Mr Wizzard » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:33 pm

well truth be told, the name of the group is spelt incorrectly and you could ideally create a properly named one yourself fluff.
Mr Wizzard

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:38 pm

Yeah I thought about that, but its not about dueling groups. It could also be confusing for players.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Mr Wizzard » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:41 pm

well thats kinda what I'm referring to I guess (assuming the mis-spelt group would be deleted once the current active members switched over). I highly doubt anyone who is involved with this server would object to fixing the group.
Mr Wizzard

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:45 pm

Well what about the URL, The current group already uses (deadm): http://steamcommunity.com/groups/deadm ?
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Kane » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:40 pm

well i actually was waiting for someone to make it, but no one was... and id gladly set you all as admin, i woudlnt ever try to make it out as something negative towards the server. and for the name, yes i know i already screwed up when i first started it, i accidentally seperated and i saw i made the mistake and press the accept button on accident.
Kane

Postby terrorizorpwns » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:40 pm

it could be deadmanstanding the wholle server name

terrorizorpwns

Postby Kane » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:43 pm

Well.. fluffy if you would make the group, i believe i can delete the current one so you can remake it with the propername and use the current URL. I woudl have remade it before to make the name correct but i coudlnt find anything until recently, which i think still may not be the right button to delete it.
Kane

Postby FluffyKitty.deadm » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 pm

Ok, Kane just handed the group over to myself. Kane will stay on as an officer to help maintain and monitor the group. He also received a nice 12 credit bonus for coming up with the idea. Thx Kane.

Now for the whole naming bit. To change the name and keep the URL, we basically have to kick everyone out of the group. Let it delete itself and recreate the group. This is not going to happen in the short term, but it may happen at some point.

I just wanted to give a heads up in case you get kicked. It is nothing personal.
- Fluffy Kitty.deadm

FluffyKitty.deadm
Site Admin

Postby Mr Wizzard » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:29 am

sounds like a plan
Mr Wizzard

Postby terrorizorpwns » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:09 am

so fluffy is the group admin now?

terrorizorpwns

Next