dms map team

Post general conversations and topics here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dms map team

Postby Violated » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:45 pm

( DMT ) <- i guess i will call it. Taking cue from the SWT which i guess kind of split up if there ever was such a team.

But as some of you know deadm has 2 released maps one by fluff ( tmp one ) one by me and fluff ( happyhour ), there is also 2 other map in production which has came to an almost complete halt, due mainly on my part. de_dms_lincoln and xx_dms_familyguy, well since time is short to work on them and also cause of my short attention span. So i am here to try and get some sort of team started here, i am mainly looking for people fairly experienced with hammer but will probably resort to accepting almost any help from some that atleast know the basics. You do not need loads of time to dedicate to the projects, it could be as simple as landscape, furniture, textures, etc.. Only thing in return you would get is recognition in the map, which you would have to contribute something of value to the map in order to recieve recognition.

So if any of you have hammer experience, some time to spare, and an intrest in this team/project then leave a message here.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:51 pm

Count me in, since I use this new computer I don't have any data left from my previous (uncompleted work) but I used to make some maps together with shabby. Only problem is that I will be able to help/work on such things is about a week since I'm now busy with school exams.
My abilities are:
- Constructing simple landscapes
- Cars
- Making doors
.. Well you name it and I'll check if I can do it :D
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Hit~Me » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:15 am

Vio I normally would be happy to assist you however everyone here is fully aware I have no skills of any kind. :cry:
Hit~Me
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Sugarbrother » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:35 pm

what kind of hammer? i can sorta use tools.... im pretty good at puttin in a nails in walls...... but im not sure how that makes maps.... unless u build something and scan it in a computer? :?:
Sugarbrother

Postby Violated » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:50 pm

( correct me if im wrong ) Hammer is a program designed for making maps for quake based games

http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?go=hammer
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:09 pm

It's easy to learn.. fun to use.. and a great feeling to get a map done. (if you get it done :D )
Shabby and me are gonna help Violated with the maps.. if you know even the most simple technics with Hammer the help is appreciated. So please do help.
Maks

Postby Maks » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:46 pm

http://downloads.ammahls.com/zhlt/x86/z ... 6final.zip

download link for zhlt
and you only have to learn mapping. no codes or anything, just a bit of math.
Maks

Return to General