Vio's Game ( Under Development )

Post general conversations and topics here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Vio's Game ( Under Development )

Postby Violated » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:38 am

Well since i am to lazy to make a layout for my site i am going to use the forums to post the progress of this game.

Well so far i have the basics ( Due to the 1945 example that comes with it ) right now i am mainly messing around familiarizing myself with as much as possible. So far the biggest and only thing i have done so far is created a player ship and i have it running in game, you can check out the player ship preview here:
www.thevio.com/newship_preview.gif

I will continue to post updates from time to time to let those who care if any about the progress of the game.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:09 am

Wow, nice ship. Nicest sprite I created was... well not as beautifal as that one :P
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby ShabbyBoy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:41 am

Yeah looks cool!

Well I exactly remember what kinds of ships you make Maks -_-'
Violated wrote:Put the whip down fuff, thats's it put it down, no no what are you doing ouch stop, stop.
ShabbyBoy

Postby Violated » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:17 pm

thanks for the compliment.

If anyone has any ideas for enemies, bosses, rooms/maps, main character, story, etc... If you have any concept sketches ( you know at school not much to do so draw up some idea's then scan them and post them here and i will do my best to make them if i like what i see. Any contribution to this effort would be much appreciated and you would also get your name in the credits.

One idea i have is upgrading the ship instead of just the weapons ( depending on time, pick-up upgrades, or a score based upgrading system in which the entire ship will visually upgrade, here is a crude example of what i am talking about ( the second ship is what the ship i have now used to be )

www.thevio.com/newship_idea.gif
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:11 pm

Wow, I must say, you got some nice drawing skills.. or making sprite skills whatever you call it.
I'll think of some things but my little noobie game (with all the actions of the objects stolen from other sample games :D) doesn't have that much to offer. But I probarly think of something.
Maks

Postby Violated » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:13 pm

I think i would consider them 2d art skills ( which is a broad category ), although in this situation it would be pixel art, since the size is to small it's best done pixel by pixel, prob took 1 - 2hr just to get the ship how i have it now from scratch which i still dont think its good enough so im considering it a ver. 1 <- ironically this is why games have an entire team.

Yeah for the most part im looking at examples, tried putting a top down rain effect example in but so far it isn't showing up in game. But i got to start somewhere to gain the knowledge i need.
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Violated » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:42 pm

Well i shouldn't be doing this, i haven't even completed a basic game in GM and i am going head first into it by making an RPG. Me and a friend sat down and discussed the gameplay what enemies there should be, lvls, classes, etc.. and i have a decent amount of material to work with. This is going to be way over my head, one main reason i want to go to an RPG now is cause my friends ( band i posted about earlier in another post ) have agreed to contribute custom music for the RPG ( and no its not like their music, it wont have vocals and will mainly be the guitar and maybe drums which we may convert to midi format for the greater good of the games performance ).

Once again if anyone has anything to contribute to this new effort please contact me, i still plan on working on the 2d scroller but its on the back burners for now. <- lol im starting to sound and act like im making maps again ( start working on it and then just never finish it )

Classes will have about 3 levels of progression:

Soldier -> Knight -> Paladin

Mage -> Summoner -> Wizard

Outcast -> Monk -> Hero

Thief -> Ninja -> Master

I am open to suggestions of more or different classes, storyline, etc...
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby slow man » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:07 pm

if you need some inspiration for classes try here http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/
its a very addicting game.....but it got boring after a while
The s l o w m a n is Here...
slow man

Postby Violated » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:56 am

Well it took all night but here is one character class, not the best and still needs some touches here and there but i felt like posting a nights work.

Thief
Weapon = Knives

www.thevio.com/Thief.gif
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Demolition Man (Imaninja) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:00 am

ooo, can't wait for the ninja :D I could always just send a pic of me 8) Cept that wouldn't really look too ninja-like :?
I like chicken, I like liver, Meow Mix Meow Mix, Please deliver!
Demolition Man (Imaninja)

Postby Maks » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:03 am

Well this is my game so far.. isn't finished yet, probarly won't be :P
It's a simple platform game.
http://members.lycos.nl/maxbotel/alien_ ... eta_3_.gmd

Added: Oh yeah, you can use whatever you like of it Vio, though I doubt u like any of it. :D
Maks

Postby Violated » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:43 am

Pretty good for the first time maks, more than i have, all i have for my rpg is 8 sided walking mechanics, concepts and this map. This map is an undetailed small version of the rpg world in which my game will be in, if anyone here plays magic the gathering then you will notice the areas are labled as such. If you can see the faint lines across the image is going to be loading areas so the world isnt one huge room, i may add another load area horizontally so there will be 3 loading areas in each area type but first i need to get everything else done and see how it plays.

www.thevio.com/basicmap.gif

I did a quick twist on your game maks, adjusted the players collision box and added the "lazy" ability to complete the first level, press space to shoot bullets ( only in one direction ) to destroy the blocks between you and the bear. Remember i did this real quick and i mainly use v6 havent really used v5.3a except to view some examples.

www.thevio.com/alien_and_watch_beta_Vio_.gmd
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:03 pm

It only shoots in one direction :P
Kinda funny but it's supposed to be a game as complex as possible so I think I'll stick to my version though if you collision box stuff is better i'll put that in.
Maks

Postby Violated » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:11 pm

Never ment for you to use it i was just board and messed around a bit.
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:50 pm

oh m'kay.. i thought you was like helping me out here :cry:
Maks

Next

Return to General