?? Ikaruga Mod ??

Post general conversations and topics here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

?? Ikaruga Mod ??

Postby Violated » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:04 pm

Well i was just sitting around and thought it would be nice to have a 2d scroller mod for either HL1 or HL2 Single Player with multiplayer of up to 2 people. Don't know if any of you know of the game Ikaruga or not but the concept is a standard 2d scroller with different polarities ( blue and red ) you are able to switch between red and blue colors in which in red mode it will absorb the red enemies bullets and vise-versa with blue. All of this should be pretty easy to make, except for the coder who would have the most work load compared to the maps and modelers.

If you would like to see what the game looks like and get some more info on it you can go here
http://www.armchairempire.com/Reviews/G ... karuga.htm

I'm interested in making this mod and i am basically getting a rough perception if anyone would like to play something like this or maybe contribute to the effort in terms of( Texture Artists, Modelers, Coders, Mappers, Musicians, etc.. ) This mod would look much better in HL2 rather than HL1 but as fluff has informed me a while back the source engine is pretty buggy at the time, which may be otherwise now. If there is enough support and interested people in a mod like this than it may be possible to start up a mod group to make it. But most of all it would require a C++ coder that has Visual Studio ( which may prove difficult to find someone interested in this project to dedicate that much time and effort ).
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Violated » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:57 am

Well making this mod for HL2 is going to be to much, so instead im going to use Game Maker to create a game loosely based on ikaruga. This is still going to be a little tricky but more plausible considering my limited coding background.
"I will slaughter you like a wolf among lambs, the seas will run red!, with the blood of my enemies!!."
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:16 am

Game maker :P
we're using that to right now.. could i maybe steal your game as project for my school :D!?
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Postby Violated » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:50 am

sure, doubt it will be done in time for you to use it but when and if i release it go right ahead ( cheater )
Violated
Server Admin
Server Admin

Postby Maks » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:38 pm

ghehehe.. well
still got a few weeks :D
Gutenmorgen :-s
Maks

Return to General